e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org from your Rebelmail account
Your CS account password on both Windows and Linux machines is the same. If you change it on one system it will change it for all systems.
Changing your CS password in Linux
After logging into Linux, open a terminal. At the prompt, enter the command
passwd then press Enter. Once prompted, enter your current CS password and press Enter. After that, you will be asked to enter your new password twice. As you enter your new password, it will not show any typing occurring on the screen. Your password is still being entered as you type.
Make sure your password conforms to the following guidelines:
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Must contain 3 out of 4 categories:
- Uppercase (A through Z)
- Lowercase (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (!, $, #, %, etc.)
- Cannot be your name or your login name
- Cannot contain blanks or dictionary words
Changing your CS password in Windows
After logging into Windows, hit ctrl-alt-del all at the same time. Select the password change option and follow the instructions.