CS Lab 2.0
This page details changes to CS Systems and Labs. Since all operating systems will be receiving major version upgrades, I'm calling this CS Lab 2.0.
- Problems and requests should be made by creating a ticket with our Help Desk system.
|How to make a ticket|
|If you have internet access on UNLV's network||Visit http://fixit.egr.unlv.edu/|
|If you cannot access UNLV's network||E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Old accounts are being cleaned up.
- CS Undergrad accounts will be deactivated if you have not taken a CS class in the last year.
- An e-mail will be sent to the associated Rebelmail account 1 month prior as a reminder to move any data from CS systems.
- Any data associated with a deactivated account will be deleted 2 weeks after account deactivation. If the System_administrator has not granted an exception by then, the data will be GONE
- The lab computers will be receiving OS upgrades in the following order as they are ready to be deployed
- CentOS 7 (Available on all lab computers)
- Windows 10 (Available on all except back row of 2)
- Ubuntu 16 (TBD)
- This lab is temporarily being used as a classrom. iMacs will be available for Spring 2019 semester.